When it comes to marketing, are you tired of reading about all of the things you could and should be doing? Things that will take you days, weeks or even months to get started?
Although that may be the case in many instances (think marketing plan, buyer persona development, website development and all that good stuff!), in this post we want to share 3 tools you can use TODAY to improve your marketing efforts, and assist your business with growth.
So let’s get started!
#1: Customer Feedback Survey
Cut and paste the below questions into a word document (paste multiple times to have multiple surveys per sheet, and cut up the page if you’d like). Print these and place them at your checkout or front desk with a pen and a little box for collecting responses. Ask your team to request that customers complete this simple survey so you can continue to offer stellar service and products that they want!
2 BONUSES with this survey: You could be gathering new customers referrals through your existing customers (with question 5) and building out your email database (with question 6).
- How did you hear about us?
- What is one thing we are doing very well?
- What is something we could improve upon or add to make your experience even more amazing?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you be to refer us to a friend or family member?
- Do you have someone in mind you would like to refer to us?
- Email or Phone:
- Would you be interested in receiving information on company updates, promotions, and specials? Yes or No
- If yes, please provide your email address:
#2: Content Marketing Calendar Template
At this point, we probably all know we should be creating content for our website. The reasons are many – so search engines crawl your website and you show up in search results, so you can answer customer questions, so you can position yourself as a thought leader – to name a few. But where to begin? Let’s start with these two steps!
STEP ONE: Brainstorm Ideas for Content:
- Common Customer Questions
- Common Customer Hesitation
STEP TWO: Use an excel spreadsheet (or something else of your choice) to create your template with the below columns:
- Due Date
- Post Date
- Keywords (if optimizing for search, use a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner for help finding terms that are regularly searched for)
- Topic or Title
- Copywriter (who’s going to write the article?)
- Platforms to Post to (blog, Facebook, Manta, etc)
- Notes (this could include other pages you want the article to link to, resources, length of article, etc.)
Once you’ve created your calendar and identified who will be writing content (if you have team members who can help), get these dates on your calendar!
#3: Directory Listing Links
Building your online presence through quality directories can help you increase your exposure with your audience, drive visitors to your website and customers through your doors! Get started today with these two listings:
Google My Business
Connect directly with customers and be found on Google by setting up your Google My Business account. This includes your Google+ Page, map and local listing.
Have a ton of locations? Use this link instead.
Customers are going to be writing review whether you claim your listings or not. But if you DO claim your listings, you’ll be ahead of the game! Access your account to stay on top of any new reviews, respond to customers, and monitor your listing activity.
We hope this helps you take some small, simple, yet super effective steps toward great things for your business! Tackling the small stuff can often be just what your business needs to get you to the big goals.
Good luck, and connect with our team if you need help!
Ready to start working with an agency? Read this checklist to make sure you’re prepared for a successful partnership.